Monday, April 21, 2014

June 13, 2013

The enemy likes to use the same tricks over and over.  28 years ago on July 11th Randy’s Mother Berenice took a new prescription for the first time and died later that afternoon from a Grand-Mal Seizure.  She was only 51 years old.

This day June 13, 2013 was Randy’s 51st birthday.

I was still in ICU and placed under a medically induced coma.  You probably came to see me, prayed over me, or sent a prayer request on my behalf – thank you.  I had no clue.  Randy had stayed all night with me and my brother Allen encouraged Randy to go home, get some sleep, eat, and then come back.  Randy came home and went to sleep on my side of the bed.  Within minutes of falling asleep Randy dreamed he was at the kitchen counter and I came in the room and told him to “get up and get dressed now!”  He got up, took a shower and in his Spirit he heard me say “come here now I need you!!’  He rushed to the hospital and everything was okay.  I was still the same.  I had another CT scan that afternoon and the nurses & doctors were not saying much except there is a limited time to actually operate and they were talking with  specialists in Dallas at Zale Lipshy University Hospital.

Later that day Randy called for the Elders of our church Trinity Fellowship.  He also called all his Pastor friends, wives, cousins, brothers, friends – basically everyone for a James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

At 8pm the nurses booted Randy out of the room so Randy left the hospital to get a bite to eat.  When he left that’s when most of the prayer warriors showed up.  He is still frazzled over that.

When Randy came back at 9pm a very sweet, young, and compassionate nurse needed to talk to Randy privately.  The doctors sent her to deliver the news.  The timid nurse with tears in her eyes told Randy that my brain was bleeding again, my heart was not beating right, my lungs were full of pneumonia, my kidneys were shutting down, and I would live to see daylight. And she could call in the hospital chaplain.

Randy simply said…”I bind and curse those words in the name of Jesus Christ!  My wife will live and NOT die!”  Randy spent the rest of his 51st birthday by my bedside talking to God, praying on me, over me, and for me – all night long.

I am thankful beyond words for those who took care of my little hares.  My sister-in-laws were all amazing from what I was told.  And my homeschool family step in and helped my family so much.  Christi actually stayed at my house for several days so my little hares would not be too confused and Randy could see them.  If I ever seemed unappreciative or not thankful I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart.


No comments: