Friday, February 22, 2013

F.F.F.F.

Friday.Family.Fun.Fhoto – is back.

I was looking through my blog book and remembered how I use to post an old family photo on Friday and how much I loved going back down memory lane.

This picture is an oldie but goodie.  I am sure I have shared this picture and story before.  I love this memory.

I think the photo is 1983 or 1984 - Summertime in the hills of West Virginia.  The little community where my folks are from built a new fancy swimming pool that year.   My parents came up with the idea to “rent” the pool for a family reunion/party for the family.  What seemed like all my family came and chipped in money for the pool and everyone brought food.  It was so much fun.

One of the funniest moments happened before the party.

When my parents arrived and my Daddy got out of the car I thought “my daddy has lost his mind!”bathingsuitThere he was…going to the swimming pool in his cowboy hat (typical – you never seen him without his hat), no shirt (also typical…he never wore a shirt in the summer time), his swimming trunks, and I wish you could see him wearing his cowboy boots!  Notice his chest, face, and arms are a nice brown…however his legs are a pasty white! This is my only memory of my Daddy swimming or wearing shorts.

Everyone thought it was such a hoot!  I was not embarrassed…I learned at a young age if he thought he was embarrassing you then he would really harass you – all in love and kindness.  Daddy was the “talk” of the party.  Daddy has away of making us laugh…Mom says that’s the reason she married him – he could make her laugh.

So today as I carry on with the routine of life if you catch me daydreaming you will know what I am dreaming about.  I want to go back to that day.  All my family together, the fun, the laughter, and the FOOD!

No comments: