Tuesday, July 24, 2012

When it Rains…

I don’t wanna complain…but wow when things happen they always seem to happen at the same time.

For instance…

A friend bought John  & Christina this really cool bathtub toy.   As you can tell…it STICKS to the wall.LT150R_Bathketball_A_cdnresized_400_400__90_0_I decided to clean the bathtub last week, so I pulled this “fun” toy off the wall.  And here’s what happened.iphone 021Yep!  It took about five tiles & the wall with it.  When I started investigating the problem 5 more tiles fell out.  All together I have 10 large tiles and 5 smaller tiles gone.

This should be somewhat of an easy fix – NOT.  I have had a few contractors come by & quote everything from $500 – $1000 but that’s to replace all of the tiles and doesn’t include material cost.

Being on a REALLY tight budget my Mister wants to DIY.  I am NOT game to rip out all the tile and wall.  Randy & I are good at many things together but I have learned in 14 years – we do not do home improvements projects together.  Despite my warnings Randy bought all the repair stuff except the tiles.

The tiles?!?!?  I was going to clean my tiles and grind the old stuff off but everybody that has looked at my tiles says the grout will not stick.  The name of my tile is “Gold Dust” – and it’s basically non-existence.41yoq87F5lL__SL500_AA300_I have gone to several places looking & online with no great luck.  Home Depot told me over the phone they could order it for me…I am going there this afternoon with tile in hand.

In the meantime I am using the boy’s bathroom which I am not happy about – it’s a boy’s bathroom.  To make things even better the  thingamabob that stops the water from draining is broke…so the tub does not hold water.  I tried giving Christina a bath in the kitchen sink and she just about stroked out.  Thankfully Mom lives less than a minute away so the little Hares are bathing over there!

On another cheerful note.

I notice that I copy almost everything my best friend Laura does?!?  She got Fiesta, I got Fiesta.  She got an iPhone, I got an iPhone. She bought an orange shirt, I bought an orange shirt.  She cracked her tooth, I cracked a tooth!  As I was eating a sandwich yesterday something cut my tongue as I crunched down on something other than a sandwich.  Thankfully it wasn’t painful or sensitive and my dentist was able to see me today! 

Guess what he said I needed?crown1Yep…a crown at $509.00.  Did I mention we are on a tight budget?

Besides these events we have been busy homeschooling and getting ready for the Home School Connection.iphone 022Happy State Bank donated several cases of water for the Home School Connection.  I used a dolly to my kitchen and then carried them into my dining room. When I turned around my little Hercules was helping me.  I was so surprised to see him carry these heavy H2o!iphone 018

Lastly…I have been trying to get a handle on my weight.  On April 29th it finally hit me that I needed to do something that I knows that works for me - Weight Watchers.  I could give you a list of reasons why I am doing this but you already know.  I have been hesitant to post about this because I have tried this so many times and I am so scared of failure.  When I walked through the doors at  Weight Watchers I cried but thankfully Melba was there to hold my hand, be a great coach and inspire me each week.  I have two friends going to the meeting with me and we always go to breakfast after the meeting.  I have another friend doing WW online now.  So I have a great support group.  I work-out everyday and count points!

Here’s a picture from my work-out room.  I have lots of pictures of why I doing this, along with some unflattering pictures of myself, and lots of motivational quotes!iphone 012Randy has been a great encourager and reminds me daily “it’s a marathon not a sprint!”

I have a long term goals of where I want to be but my short goal is to wear this shirt by 8-11-12.  It fits but it is pretty snug.iphone 020So far I have lost 19.2 pounds in eight weeks.  I am averaging 2.4 pounds a week.  One day at a time.

No comments: