Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why PaPa???

pout

Before I tell you the story behind this picture please understand that I was a spoiled child.  There I said it.  When I was born in 1972 I had two brothers that were 15 & 14 years older than me.  My Mom will say that I wasn't spoiled...but I was.  I never lacked for anything...toys, clothes, dolls, or love.  I like to tell people I was raised like a grandchild. 

I was 3 or 4 when this picture was taken with me and my beloved "Rub-A-Dub" doll...and yes I still have her.  I can remember this moment as if it happened last night.  Rub-A-Dub was a bath doll...she even had her own little seat to take a bath in with you.

On this particular night my Daddy was getting ready to take a bath so I got Rub-A-Dub ready to take a bath with Daddy.  I will never forget giving him Rub-A-Dub and telling him that she needed a bath tooMy Daddy refused.  (Thinking back...I think this was about the only thing he ever refused to do for me! ha..ha) 

I was so heart broken - I remember being so upset.  Someone thought this was a moment we shouldn't forget so they snapped this photo...which I am forever thankful.  I smile and laugh when I see this photo! 

John said this photo makes him sad and he just doesn't understand why PaPa wouldn't take a bath with Rub-A-Dub....Mommy takes a bath with Thomas the Train?!?!  So PaPa...you have some explaining to do!  But thinking about it...I bet if JOHN would ask PaPa to take a bath with Thomas PaPa would do it!!!

4 comments:

Mookie 59 said...

Remember Tina manly men don't take baths with rub a dub dolls..It doesn't do well for a macho man's image..Especially if the roughnecks at the oil well found out.He would've had one heck of a ribbing!!!! BTW:the picture is an adorable one of you of when you were a daddy's little princess..And you will always be a princess in your daddy's eyes..

Linda said...

I'm surprised he said no, but I bet you are right, he won't say no to John or Christina. Sweet post.

Laura Fiskin said...

That is the sweetest little pouty face ever.

Tanya said...

I so remember Rub a Dub Dolly! I think mine and Kristie's though ended up with nasty hair and sick from jungle fever so we doctored them up LOL! Poor dolls didn't deserve such treatment :)

I totally agree, I bet he would for John, I know my dad does that with my kiddos leaving us to constantly say..he didn't do that for us!