Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trying....and Testing

Christina's Story - Most of you know this story already but I promised the Lord I would speak of His Work, His Words and His Glory.  Over the next several days I am going to share what has become Christina's Testimony.  Glory be to Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Once I got the "okay" from the Lord to have another baby I was on a mission...I was going to have another baby.

The first thing I purchased was an internet based program that tracks a woman's ovulation schedule and most fertile days.  This program also predicts the baby's sex according to the day the baby was conceived.

I al63347227689_450x450_aso purchased a Clearblue  Ovulation Test Kit.  Who knew such a thing existed??  It works like a home pregnancy test.  You test your urine during the time you should be ovulating.   If a smiley face appears then you are ovulating...if it is blank than you are not ovulating.

I started this process in September 2009...or I should say Randy & I started this process.  Randy was not to game for all the calendars, calculations and ovulation tests but he went along with me.  We agreed that we would not seek medical attention if it didn't happen.  I am the 1% that stuff happens too.  If I took some sort of medicine or shots to get pregnant I could promise you I would have a full liter of Hare's. 

In November I had my first positive pregnancy test but within a week I started to bleed.  I thought I had another miscarriage but after some research I believe it was a false positive...which is common for older women.

I should have bought stock in these ovulation test kits...I was buying one every month...and I never seen a smiley face.  The months started to pass...December, then January, then February, and March was marching around the corner.  Still no smiley face.

I started doubting what was going on.  Why wasn't I ovulating?  Why wasn't there a smiley face on my test sticks?  Why wasn't I getting pregnant?  What was I doing wrong?  Was Pastor Jimmy's word really for me?  Maybe I was going through the "change of life" early??

I finally determined that I was taking this too seriously....I was trying to control this.  I was trying to hard and putting all my efforts into this instead of allowing the Lord to do His stuff.

At the beginning of March I laid it at His feet.  I literally took this desire and laid it at His feet.  I told Him that when He wanted me to have a baby He needed to let me know.

And He let me know.....

No comments: