Friday, February 11, 2011

"It's Time"

Christina's Story - Most of you know this story already but I promised the Lord I would speak of His Work, His Words and His Glory.  Over the next several days I am going to share what has become Christina's Testimony.  Glory be to Our Lord Jesus Christ.

thumbnailCA9B57NP In March I laid my desire to have another baby at Jesus' feet.  I envisioned His feet and I put my calendar, test sticks, dreams & desires at His feet.  I still had the desire and the dream of having another baby but I was not going to obsessed about it.  That month Linda & I started a new life style program, Mama & Papa bought John a new swing set, and WVU Mountaineers basketball team was in the college finals...I was staying busy.  When the thought of having a baby would come to mind I would take the thought captive and release it to the Lord.....we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ - 2 Cor 10:5.

On Sunday May 2nd at 3:00am I was dreaming about me & my best friend Laura when I heard a voice wake me up and tell me "it's time".  I sat straight up in bed and I heard the voice again say "it's time".  It was a still small voice that is all too familiar to me now.  I did not have to think about it at all...I knew Who it was and what He was saying. 

I thumbnailimmediately went to my bathroom and I had one ovulation test stick left.  I took the test and for the first time in 6 months & over 100 test sticks a smiley face finally appeared!!   I was ovulating!  I wanted to make sure I was not wrong I had to check my calendar and it showed I was ovulating. I can't believe this is happening?!?!  I ran to the bedroom and woke Randy up and told him the Lord had just woke me up and told me it was time.  Randy smiled.

Randy and I went to church that morning and then we went to Abuelo's to have lunch.  At Abuelo's I saw my OB/GYN and his wife having lunch...I wanted to tell him that I would be seeing him in a few weeks...I conceived a baby earlier that morning...but then I figured he would think I was a complete nut job!! 

Two weeks later me, Randy & John went to Dallascartoon5 for a business trip and I bought my first pregnancy test.  It was positive immediately.  The next day I had to buy several pregnancy test from different companies to make sure.  All of them were positive but Randy & I wanted to keep this a secret until we had our first OB/GYN appointment.  I think I took a test everyday for the first month and every time the test was positive.  I called Dr. Ashby (my OB/GYN) as soon as we were back in town.  My first appointment to see him was 06-18-10....I was 9 weeks pregnant.  We would have a January baby.  little pill

1 comment:

Linda said...

Even though I've heard most of the story, I'm loving reading it everyday. Thanks for sharing it with us. xoxoxoxoxo