Saturday, September 4, 2010

Am Addicted....

I don't remember when purses became my drug of choice.  Some women loves shoes, expensive cars, fancy clothes, but me - I love purses.  I don't care if they are from Wal-Mart, Dillard's, E-Bay, Macy's, a thrift shop, or even a garage sale....I have a thing for purses.  I am sort of proud that my addiction has down graded to just purses...it use to be purses and matching wallets but I have found the perfect wallet and I refuse  to change.  Maybe someday that will happen with purses.

My latest hit happened this week.  My Mom and I went to Dillard's to shop for her some shoes...which happen to be straight across from the purses.  (This is how insane I am....as I am walking in the store I am thinking to myself...I can walk by the purses, I can resist looking at the purses, I will not touch any purse, I have enough strength and will-power to do this!)  

Unfortunately for me...the shoe sale racks extended into the purse section and the next thing I know I am smack-dab in the middle of all these beautiful purses.  

I am doing good at first....I keep running my thoughts and Randy's face through my mind!  I definitely do not need a new purse!   Randy has us on a very strict budget!  If I come home with a new purse he would make me take it back!  I am blessed with many beautiful purses!  You are insane to be talking to yourself.  Randy would be so mad to know that I am even thinking of a new purse. 

The urge to pick up a purse is gone.  There are no purses that catch my eye!  I have made progress!  Yea!  I am going to walk away today and have a sense of release.

But wait.......thumbnailCAW88UUM

Oh no...

There it was....

Out of the corner of my eye....

On the bottom shelf....

On the 50% of shelf.....

A ray of light beamed down from heaven.   Laaaaa..........

I couldn't resist.  I had to just touch it.  I had to smell it.

It was a dark blue leather with a heavy brown leather strap Dooney & Bourke handbag.  It was beautiful.  But why was it on the 50% off shelf ???  This just had to be a mistake but it wasn't!  It was in perfect condition.  No flaws or scratches.

My mind started racing.  This was a great buy on a very expensive purse.  Where could I get a $100 quickly.  It's Labor Day weekend...the summer purse I am carrying will not be acceptable after Monday....Stacy & Clinton will come get me for sure.  This dark blue purse is perfect for Winter.  And it is just the perfect size for all my stuff, it smells so good, it's so soft, and it is all leather.  Where could I get $100!!  I wonder if I have anything I could sell?  I wonder what I could pawn in order to get this purse.  If I collect all my change I wonder how much I would have.  I must act fast....someone will get this before I do.  Oh but wait....I have an even larger issue to deal with if I do get the money.  How do I get it home and start using it without him noticing....and yes - he would notice.Flagstaff 002_thumb[3] Stay tuned......

No comments: