Friday, August 20, 2010

What a Week!

This week I have been

to a high cliff....

to a very low point....

to a middle ground....

smiling until it hurts....

back to the low point....

back to the middle.....

back to the low point....

to a happy spot....

and today....I am content.

I have gone deeper with the Lord in the past few days than ever before.  The Lord has given me grace and peace that I have never experienced.  I am learning again how to take every thought captive and lay it all at His feet.  Praise the Lord!

We had a sonogram this week and everything looks good.  The baby would not cooperate and uncross the legs to let us take a good look!!!  The lady performing the sonogram said the baby looked to have very long legs and was very active.  I have two more sonograms in the next month so hopefully we will get a better look.detail1detail 2I also learned this week that John loves water sprinklers.  It's sad that summer is almost over and I am just now learning about this fun filled...energy-draining activity!  I figured since he HATES showers he would not enjoy sprinklers....boy was I WRONG!  Randy was watering a patch of grass that needed extra water and sprayed John down with the hose - and he loved it!  We spent over an hour running in the sprinklers...and it was a blast.  Of course you know I had to join in on the fun!  MaMa & PaPa came over to enjoy the show and it was fun for everyone!! 

Nothing like a child's laugh and squeals of delight to warm the heart!  It puts everything into perspective.  Be thankful for what you have.  The little things don't matter.

Randy and I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to buy water toys and everything was 60% off!  Whew-Who!  We bought John a couple of fun looking water toys to play with.  So...it looks like the house will not get cleaned....again today.  010

No comments: