Sunday, February 28, 2010

Arizona & The Hoover Dam

I never knew that the Northwestern part of Arizona was so beautiful.  I was expecting to see some Wilde Coyote/Road Runner looking landscape…but instead it mountains & trees!Las Vegas I 004Las Vegas I 023Las Vegas I 018Las Vegas I 031We drove over the Hoover Dam today and it was amazing!  I wish we had time to actually take the tour.  There was MAJOR road construction going into the Dam.  They are expanding the road from two lanes to four lanes and erecting a HUGE bridge across the Colorado River Canyon.  I guess that way people can bypass the Hoover Dam.  It was impressive to say the least.

Las Vegas I 045There was a check point  before crossing the Dam…I assume they are looking for terrorist.  The truck in front of us was pulled over for further inspection.Las Vegas I 058Las Vegas I 067Las Vegas I 073Las Vegas I 076Las Vegas I 083Las Vegas I 092

   There’s Vegas!Las Vegas I 107

No comments: