Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009

Isaiah 9:6                                                                                                               For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This verse is from the book of Isaiah which is in the Old Testament.  The timeline shows this book written by the Prophet Isaiah between 600-700 BC.  I love and...I think I have said this before...I love when the Old Testament speaks of the New Testament - especially when it talks about Jesus.

This scripture is a form of prophesy.  There are lots of prophets & prophesy in the world today.  Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.   And Apostle John tells us in 1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Prophesy is a unique gift from God.  I have a very dear friend that would be very embarrassed if I mentioned her name but she had a dream of me having a son.  She had this dream just about the time John was conceived.  The baby in her dream looked exactly like John - she had no idea that I was pregnant.  She has had several more dreams and visions that have come to pass.  She does not like to discuss them.  These things sort of frighten her... I see them as a gift from God.  I ask her all the time if she has dreamed or seen anything...she tells me to "shut-up"! 

During a women's retreat in the Spring of 2005 my friend Melissa had a dream/vision of our children - her daughter Carolina and my son John playing together.  For the record...they played together a few weeks ago.

I love to have someone prophesize over me or give me a Word from the Lord.  Here's my advice if someone says they had a dream/vision/or a Word from God for you.  Write it down and pray over it.  Don't think to much of it and lay it before the Lord - let Him tell you about it.  He is not going to tell someone else about you without filling you in with the details!

There are many false prophets in our world today.  For example...someone told my best friend (who had been having major health issues) that she was going to die, or she seen her dead or something like that.  I do not believe that...I do not believe God would tell someone something like that.  Many people...prophets are predicting the world to end in 2012 - I don't believe this theory...I welcome it....but I don't think it is 2012.  All I know for sure is God knows and only God knows when it will all end.

Ending on a happier note...                                                                               I am eager to share with you a Word that Pastor Jimmy Evans gave me and Randy on September 12th.  We are still praying and seeking the Lord on this Word.  It was a good Word and will be an amazing testimony someday. 

No comments: