Monday, October 20, 2014

Anxiety vs Worry

Anxiety.

Mr. Webster defines anxiety as - an abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension and fear often marked by physiological signs (as sweating, tension, and increased pulse), by doubt concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and by self-doubt about one's capacity to cope with it.

Worry.

Mr. Webster defines worry as - to think about problems or fears : to feel or show fear and concern because you think that something bad has happened or could happen.

So is it worry I have or anxiety?

Anxiety.

Our Lord says: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7

Worry.

Our Lord says: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matt 6

I don’t know.  But…what I do know is I can’t sleep.  Actually if I take Ambien I can sleep great but I don’t want to be dependent on a drug when sleep should come.  Plus I am trying to get Stina to sleep in her own bed so I have to be…well…I can’t take Ambien because she will crawl right over me and kick me & Daddy all night.  I have no clue until morning when  my neck & back will be all outta whack..so here I am on my computer at 3am.  She is still in her bed I think…or she is sleeping in my spot in my bed while anxiety kicks my butt.

I pray you never have anxiety.  In my mind anxiety and worry are to different things but they come from the same family.  When you worry it is generally about one or two things but anxiety is many thoughts, issues, problems, conflicts, and ideas rolled into to one. anxious-typography-a3-png-01-copy My mind refuses to be calm.  All the above just rolls and rolls in my mind.  I know that… I know that…I know…it is the enemy and straight from the pit of hell because it only happens when darkness (night) comes.  I am fine in the day…life is happening but at night when everything is quite and dark…my mind turns on.  It sucks.  I hate it.  I want it to go away. 

I am a very blessed woman.  I just celebrated 15 years of marriage.  I had an awesome anniversary and Randy got me the most amazing gift & day.  Both my little hares are some what healthy.  I have full-time help.  I am about to have extra & reliable help with my Daddy.  I am on a new diet plan.  I am going on vacation to see my very best friend in a couple of weeks.  I had a great conversation with my big brother.  My cousin was in a bad accident that should have killed him but he is thriving.

But….for all the positives up there I can easily add a negative to all of them.  And that’s what my mind will do.

+    and a   -

Please pray for me to be complete healed.

No comments: