Thursday, October 16, 2014

15 Years.

On one hand its hard to believe that Randy and I will be married 15 years on the 16th of this month.  What a fun, wild, uphill, learning, and loving adventure it has been.Tina & Randy Memorial Weekend 1999

This is our first picture as an “engaged” couple.  I was truly shocked when he asked me to marry him.  I was planning on breaking up with him that weekend – true story.  Just two days before the proposal we had a long discussion on having children.  He asked me if that was a “deal breaker” and I said yes.  All I ever wanted to be was a Momma.  He went on the tell me his “point of view”…and looking back I understand why he would have seen things the way he did.  Then…by surprise on May 28, 1999 in the most romantic way he asked me to be his wife.  Randy even asked my Daddy if he could marry me.  (My Daddy responded by saying “You will have to fight me for her son!” – Randy said he thought it was a strange West Virginia thing and thought he would have to fight my Dad! – Luckily that has ever came to pass.)  I had no doubt when he asked me to marry him that he was the one.  (This was not my first proposal from a man.  Two other dudes asked for my hand in marriage and I declined both – something just wasn’t right.)  But I knew that I knew, that I knew HE was the one.

Looking back the wedding plans took off immediately.  We talked about running off and marrying in a little chapel somewhere or even going to Vegas.  I told Gertie about our plans and much to my surprise she had Dad drive her from Odessa to Amarillo to just showed up on my doorstep and said WE WERE buying a DRESS today.  I was her only daughter!  So just me & my Mom went to Brides to look at dresses.  I pick four dresses to try on.  In typical Tina fashion I loved the first one I picked out.  It was a close-out and on sale!  I still love my dress.img3

img1

The wedding planning became overwhelming…and quickly.  Randy decided we would get married in his childhood church – First Presbyterian. 

Thankfully my future sister-in-law Linda aka Leelee had been down this road with a Hare and helped me tremendously.  I was like a fish out of water - oilfield trash marrying Amarillo society.  It was strange water I was in.   Linda would be my Maid of Honor and her husband (Randy’s big brother) would be his Best Man.img42The date of October 16, 1999 would be the day.  I had five beautiful women stand with me.  Linda, Christin, Christi, Marsha, and Kim.img43My best friend of 25+ years Christin and Randy’s cousin Jeff.img44My very best friend Kansas City Marsha and Randy’s childhood friend Roger.imge5A new sister and brother in-law!  Christi is Randy’s baby sister and Kelly her husband.imge6Randy’s college best friends Kim & Zeb…who would become some of my favorite people.

My wedding day…NOT the best day of my life.  Everything went beautifully, the music was good, the surprise of my finished wedding ring was wonderful, having everyone I loved be there…but the stress…the stress of making sure everything came together, the flowers, all the pictures, and getting to the reception…not that fun.  I don’t regret the big wedding, especially now.  My little hares love looking at the pictures and how stinking young we all looked!

img40

img41

imgf1

imgf4

imgf7

imgf8

imgg3

imgg7

imgh1

Randy took me to San Francisco, Monteray, and Carmel, Napa Valley, California for two-weeks first class.  It was the most amazing vacation ever.  I thought he was NUTS wanting to go to San Francisco but it was the most romantic city and best time of our life.P1010067

P1010214

1 comment:

Mookie 59 said...

Happy Anniversary to you both..
love,Kevin and Leelee