Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Why I Love Homeschool!

IMG_0606

#10.  No need to buy a bunch of new clothes.  No dress code!  Although John does have to wear “day-time” clothes and not pajamas.  Very seldom do we have school in pjs although there may be a snow day or two that calls for warm jammies & hot cocoa.

#9.  No worries about bullies. Except his sister.  Just kidding that precious little hare couldn’t bully a fly..okay she is a little determined but not a bully.

#8.  No worries about  gun violence in the classroom.  A few water gun fights may spontaneously happen but no one get hurts.

#7.    Our time!  Whoo-Hoo!  We don’t have to get up at an early hour and we can set our own schedule.  I have everything planned so that we can have the entire month of December off.

#6.  It’s fun to watch John learn.  To see the little wheels in motion and then when he finally “gets it” …that is priceless.iphone 048

#5.  We make Bible lessons and Bible study a #1 priority.  John knows more about The Lord, the Bible, and Scriptures then I did at 35.  I love that he loves it and wants to learn more.

#4.  John learns at his speed.  If he doesn’t understand something we spend time on it and we don’t have to rush to the next subject.  We can think outside the box…even if it means taking the lesson outside or to a library.

#3.  Quality of friends.  I know all of John’s friends and their parents.  Thankfully these folks have the same ideas, values and beliefs as we do.

#2.  I get to see my son everyday.  I get to spend quality time with my son everyday.  If I would have died last summer I would have died knowing I didn’t miss a thing.  I am so thankful for that.

#1.  Randy and I get to determine what John learns and when he learns it. 

Anytime I talk about homeschooling I always want to include a disclaimer.    Homeschooling is NOT for everyone and I don’t think everyone SHOULD homeschool.  I have nothing against public or private schools - I believe there is a need for both.  Homeschooling  happens to work for our family.  It is hard work.  I don’t take John’s or Christina’s education lightly, it is a huge responsibility and I am so thankful I have this opportunity.

Watch for 2nd grade photos coming soon!!

No comments: