Friday, August 1, 2014

F.F.F.

My parents were all about the family vacation each summer and creating memories for me.   My standard answer to Randy when he asks what I want for my birthday, anniversary, or Christmas, my answer is always a family trip.  I don’t care if it’s to Canyon, Texas and we stay in a hotel for a few days.  I want and desire to make memories for my little hares.  Some of my most favorite memories are my family vacations.

The summer of 1986 I was 14 and my folks decided we would NOT go to West Virginia for our usual vacation…instead we would meet some of our WV family in Florida for the Disney World experience.  Not only was that different but my baby brother Larry decided to tag along…he was probably about 28.  He was excited to see our cousin Sandy..she was around the same age and they were close, plus it was DISNEY WORLD!me & LarryWe had a wonderful trip.  We got to eat breakfast with Mickey Mouse on a steamboat.  Sandy pulled a great prank on Larry.  Lots of great memories and laughs.  I will never forget my Dad saying “he lost 40 years of his life and felt like a kid again”..he was 54.  Great times. Mom and Dad

No comments: