Friday, August 5, 2011

Catching Up

Things have been so busy.  Someone asked me the other day if I have stopped blogging since I haven’t posted anything new lately.  It seems like there is something going on all the time – doctor appointments, birthday parties, home school activities, movies, music class, swimming, gymnastics, and life in general. 

Life will be more complicated with school starting in a few weeks and the extra activities I have planned for John & Christina.  I have my calendar out and I am trying to coordinate everything we have going on so that we don’t get too overwhelmed.  I keep telling John our party train is coming to stop….and he follows up with…”well my train is backing up!”  I am ready for a better routine and schedule.  I am also very excited about school.

John and Christina are doing great just growing like little weeds!  John found his Texas Rangers hat he had when he was a baby and gladly gave it to sister to wear.  He wants her to wear it all the time – especially when he wears his.john& Chrsitina swingphoto1It’s hard to believe that John will be 4 in a couple of weeks.  He told me that he wanted a Monster Truck Birthday Party.  He doesn’t have any monster trucks…not sure where he came up with this idea – I guess some TV commercials he has watched inspired him.  John is excited about pre-school and seeing all his Seeker friends. 

Christina will be 7 months next week!  She changes everyday.  She is still a Momma’s girl.  John would let anyone and everyone hold him…NOT Bunny….if she can’t see me then forget it…unless she is with her PaPa or MaMa.  She was in the worse mood the other day and I took her to Mom’s and she glowed in happiness….I guess John has told her about party central.

Randy and I are doing good.  My “health issue” is much better…I went to a new Ob/Gyn a couple of weeks ago and he fixed me!!!  I am going to a new doctor for my headaches on Monday.  It’s crazy to be excited to go to a doctor but I am done with headaches.  I have at least 1 to 2 headaches a week…and they usually take me out of the game.  I had an awful headache yesterday…thankfully Mom & Dad were able to take the kids for a few hours so I could rest. 

As most of you know my Mom was diagnosed with Epstein Barr about 5 weeks ago.  It’s been really hard on her and wiped her out for a few weeks.  But in true Mom fashion she fought back and made herself get better.  Everyone is amazed she recovered so quickly.  She is not 100% but she forces herself to move.

Changing directions….

The other day John wanted to work his Toy Story puzzle.  (I keep the puzzles out of reach or we would have puzzle pieces everywhere.)  I told him he could play with it but I didn’t have time to help him but I told him he was smart enough to figure it out!photo2photo3Before I knew it he had completed the 48 piece puzzle by himself!  I felt bad that I didn’t have the time at that moment to help him but now I am glad I didn’t.  He didn’t ask for any help and he was so proud!  And of course…I was beaming!!photo4photo5photo6We are staring our new early routine next week.  In the coming weeks we have several doctor appointments for me, the kids, and my folks, we have a couple of birthday parties, a huge home school workshop, a baby shower, a trip to Dallas, John time with Leelee, swimming, and school starting.  I am thinking to myself “when will the crazy-ness stop”…then I think it’s just beginning.

No comments: