Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sweet Pickles

Do you remember Sweet Pickles Books for the Seventies?? $(KGrHqQOKiIE3DzvZS2IBN)y1y21-g~~_12 My Mom bought me 11 of them when I was a little girl and I loved them.  I read each of them at least a million times and loved playing with the map (of their town) in the back of the book.

I have recently passed my Sweet Pickles to John - who loves them just as such as I did.  It's so much fun reliving things through his eyes and imagination! 

Anyway...there are 26 books in this collection and I am on a mission to complete my collection.  However - I am not on a mission to bankrupt my bank account for this collection.  I have found the books on Ebay and Amazon but I would have to buy several books I already own or the shipping rate is crazy!

I was hoping you would keep Sweet Pickles in the back of your mind when you go to garage sales, thrift shops, or flea markets.  I will pay you for the book and shipping cost.  I went to Savers in Lubbock the other day and found one of the books - you would have thought I won the lottery - I was so excited.

Here's what we need:

Hippo Jogs for Health

Rest Rabbit Rest

Nuts to Nightingale

Fish and Flips

Jackal Wants Everything

Xerus Won’t Allow It

No Kicks For Dog

Pig Thinks Pink

Octopus Protests

Who Stole Alligator’s Shoe

Elephant Eats the Profits

Scaredy Bear

Turtle Throws a Tantrum

Who Can Trust You, Kangaroo

Kiss Me, I’m Vulture

 

THANKS A BUNCH!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'll look through my books but fear they got thrown out when we combined units at C & R. I was still teaching when Kevin and the men he hired to help him haul off the stuff went through our unit. He said a lot of the stuff had water damage and he threw it out. I don't like to think about it though. One of my students gave me about ten of them the first year I taught in 1979.