Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family Time

Yesterday afternoon I told Randy he needed to spend some bonding time with his daughter.   Randy hasn't really had any time with her since he has been tending to John.   All week Randy has asked if we could "switch" children...I told him on Thursday we could but then Randy changed his mind and said he couldn't leave his Bubby...he had to take care of him until he was 100% better!

After dinner Randy and Christina got comfortable on the couch and John and I went to the other room - we needed some time together...just the two of us!IMG_7337IMG_7342IMG_7344IMG_7345Uncle Allen bought John a really fun Thomas the Train game...it was his big brother gift.  We played it for the first time last night and John knew how to basically play it - I was shocked!  He had to show me how to put the game together and he could actually read the cards.  I was amazed to say the least - we had fun.  IMG_7346IMG_7347Out of the blue yesterday afternoon John looked at me and said "your pretty Mommy"...and then last night right before he went to sleep he looked at me and said "I love you Mommy"....I think that's the first time he said it to me first.  Oh yea....my heart was a huge puddle!  I will take a good looking guy telling me I am pretty and that he loves me any day of the week!

After Christina was asleep I popped a bag of popcorn so Randy, John, and myself could all cuddled on the couch & watch American Idol.  We have not done this in forever!!  As we sat down Randy said -  it was the first time in a long time that he didn't feel stressed....and I felt the same way.  I believe all of the prayers are working.  There seems to be a peace and calmness over my home now.  Even this morning as I blog in my quite home I am not worried, anxious, or tired.  Praise you Jesus.

I woke Christina up several times during the night to give her a breathing treatment oIMG_7350r suction her little button nose- you would be surprised what comes out of that little bitty nose!   She seems to be doing better.  No fever or runny nose.  I am very thankful the doctor put her on an apnea monitor...it helps me sleep a little easier and I am so thankful it has not squealed once!  We don't have to go back to the doctor until Tuesday...and both kids go together...it should be interesting!

Thank you for praying.  At one point yesterday it was like I could feel all the prayers that were being prayed for my family.  Complete strangers all way from Corpus Christi to Hawaii to Iraq to Canada to West Virginia to Oklahoma...so many people praying a quick little prayer for us.  Thank you.  My cup runneth over.

No comments: