Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Eddie!

boysTomorrow is my baby brother's birthday -  I am posting now since he is a day ahead of us.

Here are some fun things about my brother you may not know:

  • His given name is Larry Edward Light.  Most people know him by Larry, close family call him Eddie, and I know an old boy that calls him Puddin.
  • When I was in high school he would take me and my friends to the lake water skiing all the time!  He made me popular with the guys - in a good way!
  • For Christmas in 1989 he bought me five tickets to see Bon Jovi in Dallas at Reunion Arena.  It was their first show on their New Jersey Tour.  One ticket was for him, one for me, and I could invite three of my closest friends to an all expensed paid trip to Dallas to see the coolest rock band!  He made me popular with the girls - in a good way!
  • He always made sure I had the latest television, tapes, albums, and he bought me the most kick-ass stereo that I still have and I still use!!
  • He defended my honor one night.
  • He bought me my first set of hot rollers when I was 14.  I still use them all the time!
  • He let me drive his really cool sports car.  When I put the key in the door for the first time - it broke off in the key hole!  So - actually I didn't get to drive that cool car.  And he didn't kill me.
  • He took me to see Rick Springfield on more than one occasion.  I have also seen U2, Garth Brooks, George Strait, and many other awesome concerts with him...on his dime.

Thanks Eddie.  I have some great memories and look forward to many more!  I wish I was there with you...NOT...I wish you were here with me!!!  I can't wait to see you in less than a MONTH!

I love you brother!  Happy Birthday!

DSCF6842

No comments: