Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 3, 2009

Matthew 1:1                                                                                                            A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Today's devotional started with the above scripture.  The devotional today was how the Lord was planned and the groundwork was laid.  The thought for the day is" "My little circumstances are just the setting in which Your Word to me can become visible".

In July my sister Linda shared with me how she was reading the Bible throughout the year and she was half way done.  I am so proud of her!  I...myself...have never read the Bible all the way through - cover to cover.  Without trying Linda inspired me!  Every morning...except Saturdays I get up around 5:30am to read my bible, devotionals, and pray.  I love this time and it has become very....very important to me - it sets the tone for the day.  I am reading in the book of Daniel today - have you read this book???  It is amazing!  I have heard the stories but to actually read then slowly and mediate on them - WOW!  I love....I mean really love how the Old Testament references Jesus!  If you get time today and you have not read Daniel lately....read this part Daniel 7:13 - tell me what YOU think it means!!

Changing the subjects again...

In the my blog yesterday I was trying to convey to you that this Christmas we should enjoy the season and not get so caught up and stressed about it.  Little did I know that Linda was working on a post herself about this very subject!  She hit the "nail on the head" with her blog.  Check it out - By Grace Alone

If you get a chance drop by Laura's blog - Fargo Fiskins.  We had the best time while she was here and she took some amazing pictures!  I think her blog today is...wonderful!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yeah! Comments!! Thanks for the kind word and the link to my blog. The words and thoughts are strictly from God. I even amaze myself sometimes.