Monday, October 19, 2009

Governor Rick Perry

perry I am apart of the re-election campaign for Texas Governor Rick Perry.  The Governor had a "quite" grassroots reception in Amarillo today and I was invited.

About 50 of us gathered at a local restaurant - I didn't see any media.  It was great...sort of like a pep rally with good food!

He bragged about Texas  - which is always good to hear then he had a question & answer session.  He seemed really nice.  He took time to talk to everyone, sign autographs, and took pictures.  One of my favorite things about Rick Perry is his love and devotion to the Boy Scouts - several Eagle Scouts were there for pictures.

The only camera I had was on my cell phone...I am not sure what was up with my hair but it was still cool to meet the Governor of my favorite state!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so jealous. I forgot that was today. Was my nephew Larry there? I have been helping Hester all day and just got home. Glad you had a good time.