Friday, June 19, 2009

F.F.F.

How can it be Friday already??
What a whirlwind of a week it has been!
Between having my iron treatment, spending the day in the ER, dealing with John being slimed by a combination of Tide & Snuggles, driving to & from Albuquerque, crying like a West Texas gully washer, storming out of K-Mart, preparing for Father's Day, going to banks, oil changes, winning $30. from a scratch ticket, washing clothes in the women's restroom at Wal-Mart, and having my precious son slap a woman in tight jeans on her hiney...I am ready for a drink....seriously.
The photo today pretty much sums up my current mood!
This photo was taken about 33 years ago...and I remember this moment as if it happened today! As you notice I am holding my precious Rub-A-Dub doll...this was one of the first dolls that was specially made for bath time. This doll was my best friend for a long time and yes...I still have her. I was VERY distraught because my father refused to take a bath with her!! (The nerve...I was the princess - nobody said no to me!) I was so mad, hurt, angry, disappointed, frustrated, ugh....the emotions of a little girl! I did manage to survive and Rub-A-Dub probably didn't need another bath that day. (Oh...and I loved that dress!)
For Father's Day I have decided to forgive my Father for not taking a bath with Rub-A-Dub. I will let this go...and not carry this anger and bitterness a day longer...I am free...free at last! hee...hee...
Love you Daddy - Happy Father's Day! Thanks for capturing this memory Mom!
(For all of those praying for my Daddy - thanks! The prayers worked - everything went wonderful with the doctor visit in Albuquerque this week!)

Tina Signature

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. Hopefully this week will be much better. Love the picture and I think I see a John "pout" in there somewhere.