Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sunshine

I have become somewhat of a hermit…or better yet a recluse -is there a difference?
Since my family started “falling apart” last June I started cutting activities outside our home. I tried to get back into the swing of things in the Fall. I joined yoga, John was in Kindermusik, I was planning big holiday celebrations…and all of that came to a screeching halt...thanks to chicken pox, shingles, pneumonia, and the flu.
In January I was trying to get back into the groove…I signed up for yoga, a college course, and enrolled John in Kindermusik…again. Needless to say thanks to RSV, shingles, a horrible bronchiole infection, and my personal drama… John and I did not make a single class.
To say I have been spending a lot of time at home is an understatement. I do go to the grocery store, Randy & I have an occasional date night, and we go to church but other than that…I am “happy” to stay at home. However…this version of “happy”…I think has become sort of a depression. I went five weeks without having my nails done…I have had them done since I was 18.
It’s time for a change!
John started back to Kindermusik last week and really enjoyed interacting with other little people.
I am going back to my life group on Tuesday nights… we are studying the book “Lies Women Believe”. I had made my mind up that I wasn’t going to go to this group – the book just wasn’t “grabbing” me…but after I really started reading it and doing the homework I realized it was stepping on my toes AND making me uncomfortable – which is exactly where the Lord wants me.
I am going back to yoga…I miss it terribly plus I miss my sister beating me up in class.
John has his first gymnastics class this Friday.
Randy and I have started interviewing churches to enroll John in a Mother’s Day Out program.
I am going to volunteer in the nursery at church this Sunday – I sent my application in several weeks ago and the director called me tonight…she seemed very excited to have me help.
I started meeting some friends for lunch at least once a week to stay in touch with each other.
I have several events planned for John…like this Saturday there is some sort of truck show at John Stiff Park- kids can climb in/around/ and all over the trucks. Randy, & I, along with my folks are taking John to see Thomas the Train…the actual train in Lubbock later this month…and we are taking John to his first circus this month – I am very excited about the circus…all of his “sort of” Amarillo cousin are going…there are 13 in our party.
Last but not least I am going to be in a small style show this month.
Sunny shiny days are ahead.
It is going to be good having activities again...but does this mean I have to get out of my nightgown??

1 comment:

Linda said...

You could always model your nightgown in the style show.