Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Plan for the Future...

I am so tired of the “Obama-Mania” that has apparently swept our nation. Every channel, radio station, and all other media outlets have joined this frenzy - even Animal Planet had a show about the Obama family dog! I am astounded by the cost of this “show” taking place in Washington DC today!! It is costing almost 4 times what the last inauguration cost!! Our economy seems to be tanking…to say the least…and we…as taxpayers are basically footing the bill for this “show”. Am not saying that there shouldn’t be some sort of hoopla but seriously…$150 million for one day?? Ugh!!
With “that” being out there…
Today IS history…and we are ALIVE to see it!
When Abraham Lincoln was president 143 years ago do you think he even thought that a day like today was possible?
How about 40 years ago when Martin Luther King made his famous speech from the Lincoln Memorial – did he think a day like today was possible?
I will openly say I did not support, contribute, or vote for Barack Hussein Obama. Mr. Obama does not stand for anything I believe or support any of the moral issues I stand for…but as of noon today…he is my President. Just as I have with Presidents in the past I will pray for him, his family, his decisions, and for him to be successful in turning our economy around. I am not sure what the future holds but I do know who holds the future…and I know that He has a plan…and this “plan is to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and a future”.

No comments: