Friday, April 4, 2008

Zzzzzz....

Some of you have asked how we are doing on our "sleeping" arrangement since one the blogs from last year was about John sleeping with me and Randy. I had a hard time putting John in his own bed...in his room but John made the transition easier!! In January John started moving more when he slept...he started grabbing noses, and mouths, and hair at all hours of the night plus...he was sooo hot! (He gets that from his Daddy!) So...one night I put him in his own bed...in his room and he liked it! He was still waking up at 2:30 in the morning to be changed and take a bottle...after a month & a half of that I started reading my baby books and it said that sort of thing was a "no-no"! The book said to let the baby see you, roll the baby over to a different position, and tuck them back in - they should go right to sleep. By george - it WORKED!!! Now he doesn't wake up at all! He sleeps from 8:30 pm until 8:00 am! Around 7:00 pm I feed him some food...then I let him play in a warm lavender scented tub...then I massage him...then last but nit least I give him a warm bottle with some warm blankets...and YEA...PRAISE the LORD - he sleeps! Of course I still get up a few times to check on him! He takes a good nap from 12pm until 2:30 in his bed...then around 4:30 me and him take a quick power nap together in my bed for about an hour...that is my favorite! I love having him on a schedule and he seems to like it too! I am definitely one of those scheduler type people that hate to stray from a routine. Do you know what I mean??? Although...I LOVE it when my parents keep him! Like today John spent most of the day with MaMa & PaPa...they feed him all sorts of things...takes him outside...plays in the floor with him...they keep him entertained. He is always tuckered out when he gets home!! I guess I better go to bed while I have a chance!! See you later!

1 comment:

John said...

How awesome!!!! My 1st two kiddos were like that, but Caroline has been a completely different story. Arggg! :) John Randall is so precious--everything he does is adorable! Glad you are getting your sleep sister--send some of that this way!