Wednesday, January 4, 2012

John taught school yesterday

During school yesterday I asked John to write his name. He knows how to do this.

I wanted to have a new starting point of “where we are” so we can look back a few months from now and see what we have accomplished.

John was being difficult and really frustrating me.  He kept saying he did not know how to write his name but I was disagreeing!

I know he knows this…why is he not doing this??  I explained to him why I was wanting this,  and it didn’t need to be perfect -  just write something already!!!

Then he put his face in his hands and started mumbling….I could not hear what he was saying.  I just let him be while I counted to 100 to calm down.  Finally he put his hands down and looked at me.

I asked him what all that was about -in a sharp and condescending way.

Without missing a beat he took my breathe away.

John said he was praying to Jesus asking Him to help him, he really didn’t know how to do this.

Awwww…….

As I started to cry John hugged me.

We then sat down to work on his name together.

Big lesson for me.

1 comment:

Mookie 59 said...

Learning is a two way street!!!