Monday, January 23, 2012

Don’t Forget This One!

check-mark-hi

I don’t want to forget all the times I hear John sing to Christina.  Especially when I “catch” him doing it.

Like this this morning I was doing my morning devotionals in the office and Christina started crying in her crib. I don’t rush to her because she usually calms down and falls back to sleep…learned that lesson from the first child!  John was still in bed but apparently he was already awake.  I overheard him whisper to Christina in the sweetest tone…”it’s okay sister”, then he started to sing “too-raa-loo-ra-loo-ra hush Christina don’t you cry”. 

And she stopped crying.

It was so sweet. 

This little boy taking care of this baby.

Then I started crying.

He came into the office shortly after this and I commended him on his actions and asked him if he had to do that often and he said …”oh yes Mommy – all the time!  She loves for me to sing to her!”

Love his heart!

By the way.  In case you are not familiar with the song John was sing to his sister here is the wonderful Bing Crosby singing it.  Both my children love this lullaby -it’s their most favorite!  If I has a dime for every time I sang this song – we ALL would be rich!

No comments: