Thursday, November 26, 2009

November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I gather around my dining room table with my family today I will quietly reflect what I am thankful for.  My husband, my son, my parents, my brothers, my sisters, my friends, my health, my home, my freedom, the military,  and many more things.

But…

Reigning over all of those thoughts will be what I am truly most thankful for - God’s love.   His Word, His forgiveness, His grace, His mercy, His peace, His joy, His understanding, and His ability to make everything right.  Everyday I take for granted my Salvation.  Salvation is the greatest gift – it can’t be bought or sold and no one can take it away from you.  Our Lord went to a hill one day and paid for you and I – with his blood.  He had many opportunities to say no but He didn’t.  God gave His only son so that you and I can live forever.  How do we ever repay this?  Thank you just doesn’t seem adequate.

Praise the Lord. 

No comments: