Friday, November 20, 2009

F.F.F. - November 20, 2009

In July 2008 when my brother Larry told me that he was going to Iraq to work I cried….for at least a week.  I was devastated.  I begged and pleaded and try to convince him not to go under any circumstances.  But he went.  Then I cried for another two weeks.061Here we are…a year and several months later and I am happy for the decision Larry made.   Don’t get me wrong…I hate him being in Iraq but he loves his job and he really enjoys knowing that he is helping out our military.CIMG3885Larry’s new home is at Camp Liberty…they call it Camp Cupcake - it is a huge base outside Baghdad.  It is not as rough as I thought it would be – they have a Burger King, Baskin Robbins, and Pizza Hut.  There seems to always be a celebrity entertaining them and they have special events non-stop.  Larry goes on tours & adventures of Iraq all the time.  034Larry drives a tow truck on base and gets to go off base sometimes to help the military out.  He is really great at his job and has several awards from the military for doing an outstanding job.  Larry gets to come home 2-3 times a year for two weeks at a time.  It’s funny….I have seen Larry MORE times this year than I have in the last 5 years!  Plus…he is able to stay and visit for more than a day!   HPIM0930Larry is home for Thanksgiving this year.  We have not had a Thanksgiving together since 1999 – I am looking forward to cooking for him and hugging his neck.  Since he won’t be home for Christmas I have already decorated everything for him…I want this to be a special & happy time for him.  The only thing that could make this better was if Allen, Gloria, & Ryan would be here.

I am so proud of my brother Larry.  He has been on a long and hard road for awhile…it is good to see good things happen to him! P5230041

No comments: