Monday, April 7, 2008

A Girl for All Seasons...

When picking my favorite season I usually pick Fall.
I love when the air starts getting crisp, children going to school for the first time, the changing of the leaves, and FOOTBALL…high school, college, professional – I love football!

But then I think…hmmm I love Winter! I love the snow and the holidays!!
I am not a big fan of Summer…only cause its hot and…am…well…fluffy (its okay…I have come to the realization that…am fat but the word fat just sounds negative doesn’t it???…so I will stick with fluffy) So.…heat & fat…I mean fluffy people…just don’t mix! Although…today was the first day of the big diet and I am starting too exercise!
Back to my point!!! As I am now older and more aware of the “simple” things and I have discovered that I am in love with Spring! The colors of the trees, bushes, and grasses are AMAZING! They are so bright!! The different shades of pinks, purples, yellows, reds, and greens – WOW! I love it! I don’t think I have ever stopped to look at our Lord’s art work…and really appreciated it! I love to drive around and just look at the different shades…I yell at Randy to “Look.…look – I mean really look!” And think about it…these trees were just “dead” a few months ago…but they came back…and they will “die” again and come back again!! Some of these trees have never been pruned, or hand watered, or fertilized by any human but…
BUT the LORD took care of them. The Lord made sure they had food, water, and survived another harsh Winter. What a perfect time for Passover…the Lord came back…just like the trees!! Does that make sense to you?? Anyway…I hope you have beautiful color in your life today! I had to share some pictures from a crabapple tree in my front yard – it is so beautiful!!




1 comment:

John said...

WONDERFUL post--love the creative colors on the text! :) Beautiful pics too! Love you!